|Illinois College Loans:
University of Illinois School loans, Illinois State University College student loan, Illinois community college loans, Illinois education loan, loans for Illinois student. Another Illinois college loan:
Illinois State Loans
The Illinois State Assistance Commission boasts four student aid programs to assist state residents with paying for college tuition. Awarded aid must be utilized within the state. Each program has different qualification requirements and award amounts. Here is a brief breakdown of the awards.
Monetary Award Program, MAP
The Monetary Award Program (MAP) provides grants to residents who demonstrate financial need. Applicants must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply.
Illinois Incentive for Access (IIA) Program
Once the FAFSA has been processed by the U.S. Department of Education, the student receives a Student Aid Report. The report features an expected family contribution (EFC) amount that the government has determined. For those students who have an EFC of zero may be eligible for the IIA. Awards top out at $500.
Bonus Incentive Grant (BIG)
Beneficiaries of Illinois College Savings Bonds may qualify for a BIG. The amount of the grant is dependent upon the amount of the bond. Awards range from a $40 to $440 grant per $5,000 of the bond.
Student to Student Grant
Facilitated by individual colleges, the Student to Student Grant Program can be used by students attending state-supported schools. For more information on the program and application process, contact your college financial aid office.
Additionally, Illinois students might also consider applying for an Illinois private student loan. Private student loans are awarded through a private lender. They are not backed by the state or federal government. Awards are based on a student's credit report.
- Bank of America (806746) - Brea, CA. 800-344-8382. Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan, private student loans
- Carlinville National Bank (802790) - Carlinville, Illinois . 217-854-2674. ( Stafford, PLUS )
- National Bank of Macomb (802814) - Macomb, Illinois . 309-833-4551. ( Federal Stafford Student Loans, PLUS Loans for Parents )
- Harris Trust & Savings Bank (803050) - Chicago, Illinois 312-461-BANK. Federal Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans
- Micro Switch Employees Credit Union (812218) - Freeport, Illinois 815-235-5855. Private, Stafford, PLUS Loans
- Mid America Federal Savings Bank (829404) - Naperville, Illinois. 630-505-3385. Stafford, PLUS
- NLSB Bank (803150) - New Lenox, IL. 815-485-7500 ext. 120. Stafford, PLUS loan, private student loans